I maintain a private practice in Boulder, Colorado. I hold a Masters in Oriental Medicine from Southwest Acupuncture College in Boulder, CO. I graduated from this four year, year-round program at the top of my class with a 4.0 GPA and became nationally board certified in Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine through the NCCAOM. This program was composed of over 3000 hours of study along with over 1100 hours of hands-on clinical training. I also completed a two year professional certification program in Classical Homeopathy at the Homeopathy School International in Boulder, CO.
My interest in and study of Oriental medicine and homeopathy began over a decade ago, after a chronic illness was cured by my naturopath. From 2005-2007 I lived and volunteered in India, where I was able to intern at a busy homeopathic clinic in the impoverished state of Bihar, which provided free homeopathic care to the community. I was deeply inspired by how successful homeopathy was in treating a wide range of serious conditions.
While living in Asia, I volunteered with the Rogpa Tibetan Refugee Baby Care Center, and am passionate about working with children with natural medicine. My experiences of using Oriental medicine and Homeopathy in treating individuals of all ages continually inspires me with how deeply, holistically, and effectively these modalities can be used to in bring about health and well-being on every level within a person.
My education also includes a BA with honors in English with a minor in pre-medical studies from Fort Lewis College in Durango, Colorado, where I graduated Summa Cum Laude.
I also serve as a Certified Meditation Instructor for the Dharma Ocean Foundation founded by Dr. Reginald A. Ray.
I recently got married and have changed my name to Elizabeth Astor! Eventually my website will no longer include my former name of Thomas.
Advanced Education and Clinical Training in Chinese Medicine:
- The Fertility Patient and Thyroid Autoimmune Disease: Leslie Oldershaw, DOM
- Injection Therapy for Pain and Trauma Recovery: Michael Young, L.Ac
- Clinical Internship in Obstetrics and Gynecology: Valerie Hobbs, Dipl. OM
- Clinical Internship in Dr. Tan Pain Management Techniques: Douglas Frank, L.Ac.
- Clinical Internship in Kototama Inochi Medicine: Ted Hall, L.Ac.
- Clinical Internship at the Carriage House Homeless Day Shelter: Amy Dickinson, L.Ac.
Advanced Education and Clinical Training in Homeopathy:
- Shakyamuni Community Health Centre Clinical Internship: Bodh Gaya, India under Dr. Sameer Sharma.
- Case Management Practicum: Homeopathy School International, Boulder, CO. Alastair Gray, CCH.
- Drugs and Homeopathic Prescribing: HSI, Boulder, CO. Alastair Gray, CCH
- Stress, Anxiety, and Panic Disorders: HSI, Boulder, CO. Mahesh Gandhi, MD.
- Childhood and Homeopathy: Healthy Mental and Physical Development: HSI, Boulder, CO. Anne Schade and Juergen Weiland.
Advanced Education and Clinical Training in Emotional Wellness:
- The No Body Intensive: Byron Katie International, Byron Katie.
- Dharma Ocean Meditation Instructor Training
- Dharma Ocean Meditation Teacher Training
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Team Member for the Rocky Mountain Center for Epilepsy with Dr. Afra Moenter. www.rockymountainepilepsy.com
- Health Care Provider for the Grief Support Network. www.griefsupportnet.org
- Teacher and Meditation Instructor for the Dharma Ocean Foundation with Dr. Reggie Ray. www.dharmaocean.org